Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

VPN Confusion

Options

I have the latest iphone, iPad, and MacBook with the most up-to-date operating systems.

I just subscribed to Bit Defender Ultimate Security Plus and installed the Mobile Security on my iPhone and iPad. This states it comes with Premium VPN.

I was also prompted to install a separate app called BID DEFENDER VPN. Why would I need both?

Adding to this question: Would I need to disable the features HIDE IP ADDRESS FROM TRACKERS and PRIVACY PRESERVING ADD MEASUREMENT features in Safari on my iOS devices? Would there be a conflict if I don’t?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @avortiz1 and welcome to Bitdefender and the Community!

All customers that use one of our security suites also benefit from 200 Mb/day of free VPN encrypted traffic, therefore we need to install the app so the user can utilize the full functionality of the product they chose.

On your device you will have 2 apps, Bitdefender and VPN. Since you have purchased the Ultimate Security Plus suite, you have unlimited traffic and the possibility to choose the server with Premium VPN.

Here's more information on the Anti-Tracker feature available, to help you decide if it's something to consider. There won't be any conflicts, but trackers are very annoying in my opinion, as they are the catalyst for unwanted ads and might cause slowdowns and affect your system performance in some cases.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• avortiz1
    Options

Thank you.

However, I still am confused as whether to install two VPN accounts on my device: the Premium VPN that comes with the package, or the separately downloaded BitdefenderVPN.

• avortiz1
    Options

I think I just got my answer in a notification from my Mobile Security App. Apparently the Premium VPN included in my version of Mobile Security will be transition fully to the separately available BitdefenderVPN APP….which I already downloaded.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited February 2023
    Options

Yes, that is correct and I forgot to mention the transition to the standalone app will be made soon 😊

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user