Error Message in Mobile Security App

avortiz1
avortiz1
edited February 2023 in Mobile Security

I just started getting the message in the attached photo when I open my mobile security app. This happens anytime I tap on the WEB PROTECTION or VPN tabs Performing the requested restore does not help either.

I use an Apple 14 ProMax with the latest software update.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Hello @avortiz1,

I think this could be related to the Appstore, check if this article helps:

If the issue persists, you can also get in touch with our engineers using one of the contact channels available at the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

After checking your Central account, I have noticed that your Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus subscription is valid until 2024/02/02 and you also have one iPad and an iPhone covered by this package.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks.

Herr is what I found and how I fixed the issue.

I noticed that my phone app was on version 6.3.6 and my iPad app was on version 6.3.5.

My iPad had no issues. I updated the app on my iPad and expected to find the same issue as I had been experiencing on my iPhone.

I was surprised to find that, once updated to 6.3.6, my iPad had indicated no issues.

I uninstalled the mobile security app on my iPhone. Cycled power. Reinstalled the app. Problem solved.

What I suspect happened is that I installed the Mobile security app, and at some time later my phone’s operating system updated. Contrary to how I did this on my iPad, where the operating system was updated BEFORE installing the app.

I find this to be more frequently happening with the Apple mobile iOS systems where, sometimes, operating system updates have adverse effects on previously installed apps, sometimes requiring them to be uninstalled and reinstalled. I’ve written about this to Apple a few times, but I either get no response or I get that they will be forwarding my statement to the software engineers, whereas I still get no response.

That’s another story.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

• Hello @avortiz1,

Thank you for your valuable insight!

I uninstalled the mobile security app on my iPhone. Cycled power. Reinstalled the app. Problem solved. - Precisely the recommended workaround for this, as it seems the error message has also been reported to our Support Teams by a couple of users. So, the engineers have already started the troubleshooting process.

For everyone encountering this, in the event the error message doesn't disappear after reinstalling the product, kindly get in touch with our engineers for further assistance, by using one of the contact channels available at the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user