Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

When was VPN verison 25.5.7.54 pushed?

I have issues with my email being very slow, for a some time. I thought is was my email provider, but after check everything on their side and finding nothing I looked at VPN.

Turning off my VPN the issue was corrected.

I read about split tunneling and tried that, it worked.

So does this mean my email is no longer secure?

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited February 2023

Hi @Owell

I'm not sure when 25.5.7.54 was released, as the VPN updates automatically from the BD servers. As of now, I'm on 25.5.8.57

To possibly speed up your connection, try a different server than Automatic, which is supposed to connect to the closest, fastest server when enabled. Test them against Ookla/speedtest.net to find which one is the fastest server. You can also try some of the steps below:

As far as your email being "less secure", using split-tunnling, not really, in regards to your Bitdefender security (if you have one of their products), will scan email messages. We still need to be careful of suspicious email and deleting them etc. VPN is mainly for annominity, encryption, and being able to access other websites, media, etc that may otherwise be blocked in your country. So as far as email, that is a pretty limited connection you're establishing, compared to the broader internet web browsing, especially on a public wifi network.

From this article:

"Bitdefender Shield, the real-time protection feature included in our security software, provides continuous protection against a wide range of malware threats by scanning all accessed files and e-mail messages. The default real-time protection settings ensure good protection against malware, with a minor impact on system performance. Bitdefender will, for example, scan a Word document for known threats when you open it, and an e-mail message when you receive one".

Also, since I'm probably giving you more information than you wanted to know :) is this article:

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Hello,

In addition to @Scott's insightful comment above, I confirm that the VPN version 25.5.7.54 was released on 11.11.2022. I also have this version:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Le VPN ne demarre pas.

Message erreur "Limite d'appareils atteint".

Alors qu'il reste encore 5 appareils...

j'ai tout desintallé, puis réinstallé rien n'y fait:

l'antivirus fonctionne, mais le VPN reste en panne.

Je ne sais plus quoi faire...

• Bonjour luma-de-la-fade,

J'ai quelques questions à vous poser pour essayer de résoudre votre problème :

Est ce que Bitdefender est à jour (26.0.33.137)? Vous utilisez 5 appareils, est ce que tous vos appareils sont à jour avec Bitdefender et votre système d'exploitation (Windows 7, 10, 11, macOS)? Est ce que Bitdefender VPN est à jour aussi (25.5.7.54)?

Sur Bitdefender central, est ce que vous avez bien associé vos 5 appareils sur votre abonnement Bitdefender VPN? Combien de jours restent-ils sur votre abonnement?

Avez vous relevez le code erreur du dysfonctionnement de votre VPN Bitdefender lorsque vous essayez de le faire fonctionner?

Ne redésinstallez pas encore. J'attends vos réponses.

Bien à vous,

Racer_X