Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Parental control and localization problem

Options

Hi.

I've got problem with my son's phone Huawei P40 Lite E bitdefender parental control. I've installed latest Bitdefender Parental Control from APKPURE (because of lack of google services on huawei phones). Then I enabled all of required options on phone and logged son's phone to my Bittefender child account.

Everything works fine except location tracking.

When I run parental control on son's phone, app is trying to get location but with no success and also no error.

All other apps get localization (gps) position with no problem. If I go to settings->apps->permissions->locaction permission and look what apps tried to use localization service I don't see Bitdefender Parental Control. All other apps which used localization service and got good gps position, was listed there.

Btw. I also cannot get child location from bitdefender central.

Has anyone of you got problem with localization service on Bitdefender Parental Control?

Thanks,

Calvxrr

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, that is correct.

You are most welcome 😊

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hello @calvxrr,

Try the following: unassign the device from Bitdefender Central, uninstall the Bitdefender Parental Control from the device, then remove the profile from Central and try again to configure the profile.

Let us know how it goes and if the location is accurately refreshed and displayed afterwards.

The locate function uses Google services.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi.

I didn't know that parental control needs google services to work properly.

So, all Huawei phones without google services wont't properly localize device.

Thanks for info.