Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Connect to Bank Website

Options
Robby H
edited March 2023 in VPN

I cannnot connect to my bank using VPN. I use to be able to do this but I get stopped every time I try to do this now and I feel insecure not using VPN. Any suggestions?

Edited by Scott. Changed the thread title for better clarification.

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @Robby H

Sometimes these issues are due to a website's ability to detect a VPN and not allowing it. You could try connecting to a different VPN server, but you may get the same notice from that banking site. It's worth a try.

Whenever I can, I bank and shop from my home network and don't use VPN as I would get too many notifications in my email of "a connection was established that we do not recognize, if this wasn't you..." I only do my online shopping and banking on my home network PC. I will also only have one tab open when connecting to a bank site. The only time I really use VPN is on a public Wi-Fi network for general surfing.

If you have Bitdefender Antivirus Plus and up (Internet Security, Total Security), Safepay is an option, especially for banking and shopping. Granted, with the Safepay VPN, you'll probably be blocked by that bank site, too.

Bitdefender Safepay™ offers the following features:

● It blocks access to your desktop and any attempt to take snapshots of your screen.

● It protects your secret passwords while browsing online with Password Manager.

● It comes with a virtual keyboard which, when used, makes it impossible for hackers to read your keystrokes.

● It is completely independent from your other browsers.

● It comes with built-in hotspot protection to be used when your device is connected to unsecured Wi-fi networks.

● It supports bookmarks and allows you to navigate between your favorite banking/shopping sites.

● It is not limited to banking and e-shopping. Any website can be opened in Bitdefender Safepay™. 

I hope something here helped. Someone else may chime in with some advice as well.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Be safe, not paranoid.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Check out these articles:

or

and see if the steps in the articles will help you.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

This could be related to an additional verification process on the bank side, where if a secure environment such as Safepay or let's say a VPN encryption is being used, it triggers some warnings on their end. I don't think all banks require this, but there are cases where, due to the over vigilance of several banks, connecting a VPN for example often triggers fraud warnings when you use it to conduct your online banking. This would be my best guess.

Safepay also comes with a built-in VPN, so it may not work, but it's worth a try.

Here you will find some information on why some financial institutions won't let you use VPN technology:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user