Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Different Bitdefender Icons On Different Devices. Any Explanation?

ranger
ranger ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Mobile Security

Hello everyone,

The icon for Bitdefender Mobile Security changed on one of my devices a while ago, and it seems strange to me that it's different than on my other devices and different than on my family member's devices too. I couldn't find the same icon anywhere on Bitdefender's website or anywhere else online. Is that unusual? Should I be worried about the device? Thanks for any feedback.

P.S. - I tried uploading an image of the icon, but the site's spam filters think my 9 year old account is too new to post links. 😋. Maybe it's been too long since I last posted.😁

Best Answer

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @ranger

Yes, that is the correct icon for Bitdefender Mobile Security on Play Store.

If you're looking for build updates by going onto Play Store, that is an option; otherwise, Bitdefender will update itself through your mobile device internet connection. Also, there are no malware/virus definitions to download and install, as that is automatically done through Bitdefender's cloud servers as we're online, or when we initiate a manual Malware Scan.

I was where you were at build-wise, but I am now on: 3.3.197.2181

Here is a FYI post, just in case it's helpful :)

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

I promoted you to Level 2.

You can now post screenshot(s) of the icon(s), so we can better understand the issue.

Regards.

• Wow, a member since 2013! Welcome back to the Community @ranger, how do you like it now? 😄

Let's see, below are the Bitdefender icons from my mobile and we'll try to identify the one that changed for you. Have a look at the screenshot below and tell us if any of these resembles to that one. It's also important to know the OS on which Bitdefender is running and what version you have installed.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thank you both for replying. Very kind of you.

Here's the icon in question:

Although I should clarify, this is the icon I see in the Google Play Store when it says there are updates to download on that one device (which is a common recurrence, of course). It certainly looks like it could be a genuine icon, but I've just never seen it anywhere else, which makes me feel like I'm downloading fake updates.

But regarding my specs, the OS is Android version 12 and Bitdefender Mobile Security is version 3.3.197.2179.

Thanks for any feedback.

• Thank you, Scott! That was a very informative response. My question is fully answered.

And a "thank you" to everyone else as well! 😀

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

You're welcome, @ranger . We're glad you were helped. Thank you for posting back :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/