Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Extending My Subscription. Any Suggestions?

Options

My subscription for internet protection for 3 devices expires on March 23, 2023. A couple of days ago I purchased the same protection but only for 1 device. I can't seem to add my device to my new subscription. Will it automatically be protected on the new subscription when the March 23 subscription expires? Can't seem to get a straight answer.

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @lrjones,

The validity of an existing subscription that is due to expire can be manually extended in Central using an activation code for the same product and variation of devices (slots). An identical code will display two options during activation: one to extend the current subscription and the 2nd one to add the new subscription in parallel, with the scope to protect more devices, as Central now allows multiple subscriptions in the same account. In the event the new activation code can protect a different number of devices, more or less than the one already running in the account, you will be given only the option to activate the subscription in parallel.

As it stands now, you have activated the new code for Bitdefender Internet Security (1 device) in parallel with the existing Internet Security subscription for 3 devices. The previous subscription will expire on 2023/03/23 and when this happens, the device covered by it will be automatically assigned to the next subscription in the Central account that can protect it. Of course, you also have the option to reallocate the device to your new subscription manually by following the steps from this article:

Considering that each subscription has its own renewal flow, I have now checked and the automatic renewal feature has been disabled for your previous Internet Security license, thus it will no longer renew itself on March 23, as you have purchased a new subscription and renewed manually.

Another thing to mention here is that the two licenses will overlap a couple of days, until the previous one expires on March 23.

I hope the information is helpful. Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers