Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bypassing VPN block

Options
AlexF
edited March 2023 in VPN

I am not sure whether BD VPN offers that, but I know other VPNs do offer that feature. It would be awesome if ours did too, unless it already does of course. In which case, how do we activate it?

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @AlexF and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Concerning a VPN block, are you referring to websites that block a VPN connection? Some services may detect and block traffic from VPN servers to enforce geographical restrictions. Consequently, the applications that use those services will not load or display errors when the Internet connection is filtered through a VPN. It has been observed that some Banks may also block a VPN connection, due to various security measures in place.

There is a way to bypass blocking by routing any apps/websites that won’t work with Bitdefender VPN outside the VPN tunnel, to access the Internet directly. By doing so, you also preserve bandwidth and VPN traffic is encrypted, so it’s transmitted slower than regular, unencrypted traffic. Enabling split tunneling can enhance speed, which is paramount if the network has bandwidth restrictions.

You can find out more on how to do this by clicking on the article below:

Apart from this, it's also important to note that VPN is still illegal in some countries, so a block may not be possible to fix in this scenario. We’ve restricted connectivity in certain countries, to protect our users.

The full list of countries where VPN is either illegal or banned is available below:

As the post doesn't really fit in the ideation section, I have converted the thread into a discussion.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user