Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can BD interfere with new wifi devices?

Options
jlh
jlh
edited March 2023 in Bitdefender Box

I have been trying without success to connect a Ford Charge Pro unit to the internet through my home wifi. I have bit defender running on my pc and phones, as well as bit defender box. I am shown that it connects, but without internet. Is there something required, a setting, perhaps that prevents new devices from connecting, even with the wifi password?

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @jlh,

If you connect the unit through the BOX network, it is possible that some ports are blocked.. it can also depend on the type of frequency supported by the respective device. If the BOX does not have a WiFi split, it generally depends on each individual device on which frequency it tries to connect (and the distance from the device to the BOX).

It is possible that the device needs 5GHz but on the BOX network it automatically connects to 2.4GHz, in which case it can be quite easily fixed by doing a WiFi split and connecting the device only to the 5GHz network.

But we are just making assumptions here, this would require a more detailed investigation to know for sure.

You can contact the BOX support team at boxsupport@bitdefender.com, so they can help you troubleshoot.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Alexandru_BD wrote: You can contact the BOX support team at boxsupport@bitdefender.com ...

Good to know that Community members can directly contact Bitdefender BOX support by e-mail.

Cheers. 🙂