Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Your thoughts on BD

Options
Bodrey
edited March 2023 in General Topics

Hi All,

New to the forum. I'm looking for an AV suite that includes excellent anti-keylogger protection, unlimited VPN, and that's not resource-intensive. I'd like to get current users' thoughts on what they like and don't like about BD. I understand it offers phishing protection as well, but does that also work with web-based email accounts such as Gmail, or only with dedicated email clients such as Thunderbird? Please advise, TIA.

Answers

• Mike_BD
    Options

Hello @Bodrey, welcome and nice initiative to "poke" a bit around also in our Community in order to DYOR.

As admin and staff of Bitdefender, I will refrain to comment about why you should choose our products (for sure we are in your consideration set already) and leave room for other users to come up with pros and cons.

cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Bodrey,

As I'm an admin and part of the Bitdefender team myself, I'll let the members share their usage experience so you can get the unbiased advice you need, but I can provide a bit more context regarding phishing protection and anti-keylogger protection available with our security solution.

Anti-phishing defenses are layered mechanisms. The first line of defense is the spam filter, a feature that is usually integrated with your security solution and that filters junk e-mail from legit messages. A good antispam filter blocks the phishing attempt in its early stage, so you don’t even see the lure that is being thrown at you.

The second line of defense concerns mobile devices. If you run Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android, the Web Protection module will block phishing links as soon as they are accessed, while the Scam Alert module will warn you that the link in your text message or notification is dangerous before you open it.

The third layer of defense is the anti-phishing or anti-fraud module – another component of the anti-virus that analyzes the web page you land on and determines whether it has been designed to steal your data. Even if you have fallen for the scam and opened the phishing message, the anti-phishing module should prevent you from filling in the form with your sensitive information (credit card number, expiration date, CVV, or PIN number, among others).

But perhaps one of the best defenses against phishing is prevention. Set up your email inbox to filter out spam and phishing mail. With Bitdefender, you can also enable the Antispam module on Windows computers that use Microsoft Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird.

Note: The Bitdefender Antispam filter works only with these e-mail clients as long as they are configured to receive emails via the POP3/SMTP protocol: Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2021 and Mozilla Thunderbird 14 or higher. Bitdefender does not provide antispam protection for email accounts that you access through a web-based email service.

In regards to protection against keyloggers, Bitdefender Shield, the real-time protection feature included in our security software, provides continuous protection against a wide range of malware threats by scanning all accessed files and e-mail messages. The default real-time protection settings ensure good protection against malware, with a minor impact on system performance. You can configure the real-time protection settings in detail by creating a custom protection level. The real-time protection includes the Scan keyloggers feature and you can select this option to scan your system for keylogger apps. Keyloggers record what you type on your keyboard and send reports over the internet to a malicious person (hacker). The hacker can find out sensitive information from the stolen data, such as bank account numbers and passwords, and use it to gain personal benefits.

To help protect yourself against keylogger attacks, always verify the origin and validity of correspondence before interacting with links or attachments. Ensure that accounts are protected via two-factor (2FA) or multi-factor (MFA) authentication processes that will prevent hackers from logging into accounts should your system get compromised.

Make sure to have a security solution installed and keep it up-to-date. An antimalware solution automatically scans your system and takes appropriate action when keyloggers are found.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user