Bit Defender Notifications
Hi, Although I have turned off all relevant notification options, I am STILL getting notifications, e.g., about the VPN (which I don't use or want) and that BF is monitoring my mic.
I want ALL notifications to be suppressed, other than malware/virus notifications. Can anyone suggest any remedies?
Open your Bitdefender program and go to:
1. Settings -> General and disable "Special offers" and "Recommendation notifications" (for the "Password Manager" notification)
2. Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan flash drives and select "Autoscan" or "Disabled", do not select "Ask every time" (for the "USB Immunizer Recommendation" notification)
3. Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan CD & DVD and select "Autoscan" or "Disabled", do not select "Ask every time" (for the "CD/DVD Recommendation" notification)
4. Privacy -> Safepay -> Settings and disable "Safepay notifications"
5. Privacy -> Video & Audio Protection -> Settings and disable "Notify when allowed applications connect to the webcam", "Notify when an application tries to access the microphone" and "Notify when browsers access the microphone"
6. Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and disable "Activate profiles automatically" (for the Profile notification)
After doing that, in the future no pop-up notifications will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen.
REMEMBER: When a threat is detected, a pop-up notification will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen and you can't disable those pop-up notifications.
Next, as an option to fully disable the Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups, open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and enable/activate "Work Profile" or "Game Profile".
When "Work Profile" or "Game Profile" is enabled/activated, all Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled.
Finally, as for the Bitdefender VPN pop-ups, you can simply uninstall Bitdefender VPN from your device by following the steps provided here (just select "Bitdefender VPN"):
open the Bitdefender VPN program, go to Settings -> Notifications and disable "Allow notifications".
It is recommended that you also review the privacy preferences set in your Bitdefender Central account:
1. On any internet-connected device launch a web browser, visit https://central.bitdefender.com and sign in to your Bitdefender Central account.
2. Click on your username in the top right corner and select "Bitdefender Account" in the menu. This option will launch in a new browser tab.
3. Access the "Data & Privacy" tab, then click on the "Privacy preferences" section.
4. Uncheck both boxes to stop promotional messages:
- Receive in product insights regarding threats, news, and offers.
- Receive insights regarding threats, news, and offers via email.
I am facing the same issue, but your response is being helpful for me, thanks.0
Still blows my mind how this is yet an issue with this software.
It claims to be the best security, etc, and I won't dispute the security hardness and goodness of it. But how can someone keeps working on a computer where you need to enable a profile that stops background safety mechanisms just because he want's NOT TO BE VISUALLY ANNOYED or INTERRUPT YOUR KEYBOARD specially when you're writing something long AND THE NOTIFICATION STEALS THE FOCUS OF THE OPERATIONAL SYSTEM.
THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
You're pissing me off so much I'm getting determined to make all damage I can do within my (limited) powers. I won't renew (but I'll have to live with that so I don't throw away what I spend in this application), I'll find every place I can put my review and give it a 1 star... because apparently there's nothing else I can do, since this is an issue SINCE 2021 if you search this forum.
The fact you're not solving this, shows THERE ARE NO INTENTIONS OF SOLVING, only misleading your community into clicks and changes and turn off updates in the background and change profile on and off and other sh!tty suggestions on how to stop you from doing something that is not vital to the application. I DON'T NEED TO BE INTERRUPTED EVERY TIME A THREAT HAPPENS AND YOU BLOCK IT, you know why? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I PAID FOR THIS SOFTWARE TO DO!!!
(NOTE: THIS POST WAS INTERRUPTED BY ANOTHER BITDEFENDER (Privacy Threat Blocked) NOTIFICATION)0
Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.
Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at [email protected]
The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.
You can tell the support team to share your feedback with the developers.
OMEN Laptop 15-en1037AX (Bitdefender Total Security) & Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (Bitdefender Mobile Security)0