Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can we reinstall Bitdefender after fresh installation of OS?

Options

Hello! I am unable to reinstall Bitdefender total security after a fresh installation of Windows 10. After accepting the Bitdefender subscription agreement, the pop-up box is just vanishing. I tried to enable protection at Bitdefender Central without success, encounter same issue. Any suggestion/support would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Rachha
    Options

Hi Flexx,

Thanks for the quick suggestion. I did everything as you suggested, but still having same issue. Nothing happening after accepting the Bitdefender subscription agreement, the pop-up box just vanished. Going to send the logs as above. Anymore suggestions would be appreciated.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello @Rachha,

The answer is yes, there should be no issues whatsoever when reinstalling Bitdefender after fresh installation of OS. And you won't lose any subscription/license validity because the antivirus draws its validity and configuration from the Central account.

I have noticed that our Support engineers have replied to you on the open ticket and I will post their instructions here as well. Let us know if the installation was successful after completing the below steps:

Download and run the uninstall tool for Bitdefender: https://www.bitdefender.com/links/uninstall_consumer_paid.html

After that, to install Bitdefender, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to https://central.bitdefender.com and sign in with your Central email and password.

2. Click My Devices in the left side menu.

3. Click on the ADD DEVICE->SECURITY-> THIS DEVICE

4. Save the kit on your PC. Wait for the download to complete, then run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install Bitdefender.

5. After Bitdefender is installed, you can click Start Device Assessment to initiate a scan of critical system areas. When the scan is completed, the Subscription Plan window will appear, where you can see details about your active subscription.

6. Click FINISH to access the Bitdefender interface.

If you get stuck at any point, you can check this article for guidance:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Rachha
    Options

Hi Alexandru_BD,

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried to uninstall and install Bitdefender total security as you said above, but again as soon as I checked the agreement box and clicked on install, the installer window just closed.

I tried all possible ways known to me, and tried as suggested by you and Flexx, but after this step as shown in picture, the installer window is no more visible. Is there any other way, please let me know.

Regards,

Ramesh

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Something is definitely not right. Either the product is already installed, or there is a problem with that install window.

Going forward, if @Flexx's latest recommendation doesn't work, then I would advise contacting the Technical Support Teams, because I don't think we can troubleshoot this on the forum..

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• Rachha
    Options

Hello Flexx and Alexandru_BD,

Unfortunately, facing same issue with the offline installer as well. I'm going to contact Technical Support Team. Will let you know the end result.

Regards,

Ramesh

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Thanks for following up @Rachha.

Please do keep us posted on the outcome, this is rather strange..

Regards