Bitdefender Antivirus Plus Dashboard disappeared

I'm just posting this in case it helps someone. After many back and forth with support and mounting frustration this finally worked for me.

So one day my paid Bitdefender Antivirus Plus Dashboard disappeared. Gone from my system tray. Clicking on the desktop icon brought nothing up. It was strange I've been using it for many years without any trouble. Contacted support and spend a lot of time tweaking my internet connection and DNS settings.

Reinstalled the software, got stuck at 25%. Had to cancel and restart PC. After a few tries it installed and I can see the Bitdefender system tray ...BUT it was greyed out. Clicking on it now has "Communication Failure".

Anyways the following solved my problem:

- Uninstall with the tool (Bitdefender_2022_Uninstall_Tool)  Google "bitdefender uninstall tool"

- Reinstall with the "bitdefender_avfree". Or do a search for  Bitdefender free to down load current version.

- During installation Skip device assessment option. (it will hang!)

Hope this helps someone. 😀

Comments

• Guilhermesene
    Guilhermesene Defender of the month ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

Hi @Alfred25,

We understand what you have been through and I am very sorry for that.

Still, thank you for taking the time to post this message to help other members who may have the same problem as you.

You have behaved like a true community member and again we thank you for that 😄👏🏻

Take care,

Stay safe

• Hello @Alfred25,

I also take this opportunity to show my appreciation for your post, thank you for sharing your findings and solution with the members of this community! We're glad to have you here and I hope you'll enjoy our forum.

This is what the community is all about, members sharing their knowledge and experience with others, lending a helping hand.

Thank you once again, respect! 🤜🤛👏

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user