Media creation tool

When I insert a USB stick into my PC i get a pop up saying new device detected. When I try to create a media creation tool using the MS app, the process starts then i believe when it tries to write to the usb drive fails. just has and error cannot create on your computer or something close to that. So I assume it's BD. How can i turn off BD scanning or doing anything with my USB

Best Answer

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Open your Bitdefender program and go to Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan flash drives and select "Disabled".

Regards.

• What a horrible "solution." I'm sure most tech-savvy users simply have "Scan flash drives" disabled because of the lack of useful options. I wouldn't mind Bitdefender scanning my flash drives, as I do occasionally use them in other systems. But since the options can't be changed, i.e., I can't create exclusions or just have the app WARN ME about a PUP or other detection on the flash drive, then the entire flash drive scanning feature is worthless. I'm IT, so I have some powerful anti-virus tools on the flash drive and port-scanning apps, etc. The last thing I want your AV software to do is arbitrarily delete my files that are on the drive for a reason.