Printer/admin/old discussions aren't helping

Windows 11.

I am the administrator. When I right-click the desktop icon and run as administrator, this still does not work.

When installing my printer, I have toggled off the firewall, but I cannot change rules, settings, or change my network adapter to home/office.

An old discussion said this was a registry error and gave a Microsoft link that went nowhere. There registry error mentioned isn't present, either.

I have not yet uninstalled/reinstalled Bitdefender, yet, but I have a feeling it won't work, either from what I've read.

Thanks

Comments

• Hello @N.Poeticus,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• J'ai installé Total Security Multi-Device et depuis, je ne peux plus utiliser sur mon imprimante BROTHER MFC -J4620DW. Il me faut a tout prix utiliser la numerisation sur cette imprimante ''

• Hello @choupette23,

Can you use the printer with the firewall off? If yes, In this case re-activate and set Bitdefender Firewall to recommended settings:

1. Go to Network Adapters tab and set the network type to Home/Office using the drop-down menu near its name.

2. Then, from the same Firewall Tab, click on Settings from the top-right , then, for the network you're currently connected to, uncheck the stealth mode button to disable it.

If you can't use the printer after disabling the firewall, try the following:

Turn OFF all Bitdefender modules from the interface one by one, in order to find the culprit. You can find the steps on how to do this below. Check the printer after each deactivation and don't forget to reactivate your defenses once the troubleshooting process is done.

If the issue is caused by Bitdefender Shield - add exclusions for antivirus.

If the issue is caused by Advanced Threat Defense - add exclusions for ATD.

If the printer is still unusable, head to the link below to contact the Support teams for further assistance:

https://www.bitdefender.fr/

I hope the information is useful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user