how to connect via chat/online to somebody from Bitdefender to help me...

How do I connect via chat online to someone from Bitdefender to help me?

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

You can contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

For example: Select How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> Bitdefender Total Security, scroll down, click on "Contact Support" in the black rectangle and select "Chat 24/7".

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Hi @olliearfa,

In addition to the above, you may also ask your question here and we'll try to help. If we can't solve your inquiry on the forum, our engineers can provide further assistance.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have a Total Security Account expiring in August and upgraded to Premium level. Instead of adding the Premium to begin after the Total Security account expired, I now have 2 subscriptions BOTH with automatic renewal. See below.

I cannot find where to remove auto renewal. There is screen to delete the account but I don't know which one it will delete.

Please either add the Premium subscription to the end of Total Security or delete Total Security entirely.

Be advised that I am withdrawing my authorization to renew the Total Security and will dispute and charge on my accounts for that subscription.

Please confirm receipt of this request and confirmation of your actions.

Thank you.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2023

Hi @rrwarren

If you had been using Total Security for say, 30 days, and wanted to upgrade to Premium, then Bitdefender Support would probably have been able to have made that upgrade, trade out. But, since the two subscriptions are different, the only thing you can really do is to let Total Security expire, having disabled auto-renewal (see below). Then use your Premium Security license, as is a different subscription with all the added features it brings with it.

You may disable auto-renewal by following these steps. Many have found Method 1, to be more certain of disabling that feature.

@Alexandru_BD can look into this as far as what you already paid for, or of what's been paid for, and go from there.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Hello @rrwarren,

Based on my findings, your previous Total Security license runs out in August. It no longer has the automatic renewal feature enabled and I can see that the new Premium Security suite is active and valid until July 2024.

The Premium Security package could not extend the existing Total Security license since these are two different products. Although Total Security covers the same operating systems as Premium Security, the later includes unlimited Premium VPN and the latest Password Manager. Consequently, the two products will run in parallel in the Central account until the Antivirus Plus license expires next month.

Kindly be advised that we cannot confirm receipt of any requests here, since this is an open forum. The help provided here is voluntary and comes from Bitdefender users such as yourself.

For future reference, whenever you wish to cancel the automatic billing feature for a Bitdefender subscription please reach out to the Support teams first, instead of opening a dispute/chargeback if the amount was already debited. If you choose to initiate a chargeback with your bank, credit card company, or PayPal, the refund process can become lengthy, taking up to 3-4 months before you receive a final resolution.

For more information on refund and cancelation, you can consult the following link (just for future reference):

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user