Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Effective date of download

Options
PaulW50
PaulW50
edited June 2023 in Central & Subscriptions

I just purchased and downloaded an update to my Bitdefender internet protection package. Does this new purchase become active the day I bought it or when I active it? My current subscription expires in late July, so I'd prefer not to activate my download until the old version is about to expire.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Taken from here:

"For online purchases made on Bitdefender websites, Your subscription begins when your purchase is completed and the payment has been received. You must download and install Bitdefender on your devices in order to get protection.

You agree and acknowledge that your subscription’s availability begins from your purchase date, which shall be the date taken into consideration for calculating the length of your subscription, regardless of the date you choose to activate such subscription.

For the purchases made from Bitdefender partners, Your subscription begins at first registration of your subscription. You must download and install Bitdefender on your devices in order to get protection."

For example:

You made a purchase on January 1, 2022 on Bitdefender WorldWide (global) site bitdefender.com, with subscription period of 1 year.

And you used the activation code for activating the subscription on February 1, 2022 (1 month later from the purchase date).

BUT, the subscription period of 1 year already started on January 1, 2022 (the day you made the purchase) and will end on January 1, 2023.

The subscription period of 1 year did NOT start on February 1, 2022 (the day you used the activation code) and will NOT end on February 1, 2023.

This means that validity of the subscription between January 1, 2022 (the day you made the purchase) and February 1, 2022 (the day you used the activation code) is lost.

Also, check out my topic:

(just click on "View Post")

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @PaulW50,

In addition to @Gjoksi's insightful comment above, please note that you will not lose any remaining validity of your previous subscription/license, should you activate the code earlier and in the event the new subscription/license is identical with the previous one, in terms of available slots for protection and configuration. Simply choose the option to extend the existing license/subscription during the activation process.

So, if you've purchased a Bitdefender Internet Security solution for up to 3 devices, just like the one you currently have in your Central account (which does expire in late July), you can extend it anytime without loosing the remaining validity, as this will be merged.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• PaulW50
    Options

I bought it as a download from Best Buy. Does that mean I can wait until the end of July to activate it?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Yes, for the licenses purchased from resellers the validity countdown does not start on the day of purchase, this applies only for subscriptions purchased from the Bitdefender website. So you can activate your code later on.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• PaulW50
    Options

Thanks, Alexandru_BD!