Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How does one fix the problem of no WiFi SSID being broadcast?

Options

I've had a few local power outages in the last couple days and that has screwed up my record of good recoveries by the Box 2. Stuck with a circling white ring, nothing I've tried from the documentation is working, one description of the issue on the forum marked "Solved" that does not detail the solution and I'm ready to throw the damned thing out. Why on Earth doesn't someone figure this out and PUBLISH it?

I will be looking for the answer for a short time but my patience at an old age is thin. I will also expect a refund from my Bitdefender Box subscription if there is not a good support experience.

Aw, come on. I know others have had the problem...

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Kindly contact the bitdefender box support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/3680/ where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternativaely, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at boxsupport@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

To cancel your subscription or get a refund have a look at below stated link provided by bitdefender support

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/7217/

Alternatively, you can contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Regarding refund, you can also drop an email to refunds@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @edfaught,

Your inquiry will have to go through Support, as we won't be able to provide a solution here i'm afraid.. I'm sure the engineers can resolve this and I hope a refund won't be necessary 🙂

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Same exact problem, power outage, and yes the box is on a surge protector, Bitbox runs but not accessible it's white circle spins but not broadcasting the SSID. I tried support, got the "how to reset" instructions, but when I reply that the SSID is still not broadcasting...nothing. Three days later this: Our records indicate that you currently have an open Customer Care request with us, ticket no: 1008859014

As we have not heard from you in 3 days, we are in the process of closing the incident.

- If the situation has been corrected, please ignore this email and the ticket will automatically close with no further action from your side.

- If you still need additional information or the ticket implies you sending us back particular logs/files/documents, simply reply to this message with the requested information and your case will remain open.

Thank you,

Bitdefender Customer Care Team 

I reply that teh SSID is not broadcasting but the circle spins, they send the same instructions to reset then we wait three days to start the process over. Very frustrating. If the Box is bricked, great tell me what my options are. While I'm here does anyone know if I can transfer my subscription to netgear? I have 860ish days left and hate to lose it. $$$

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Dennis Fisher,

I've noticed that in the latest reply from Support the engineers sent you these instructions:

Did you follow these? If yes and the issue persists, you can simply reply on the ticket and the case will be reopened automatically. Then the engineers will get back to you with further instructions.

Regards,

Alex

• Thanks for the reply, to answer your question, yes. I followed the instructions up to the point where I am instructed to "…and connect to the Wi-Fi network named Bitdefender BOX." There is no available network with the name "Bitdefender BOX" being broadcasted. I also tried the following "Hard Rest" to no avail. "1. With the BOX powered on, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds;

2. Without releasing the reset button, unplug the power cord and hold reset for another 10 seconds;

3. Plug the power cord back in STILL holding the reset button for a final 10 seconds.

Once you have completed the reset process the LED should start to spin white and the BOX will begin to broadcast the 'Bitdefender BOX Wi-Fi' network" but again, "Bitdefender BOX" is not being broadcast. I will try again, using your advice, and if unsuccessful, I would like to consider getting a netgear router or mesh setup if I can transfer the bitbox subscription.

Thank you

• edfaught
    edfaught ✭✭✭
    Options

After the Bitdefender guys admitted to me that my Box was dead I went to Netgear. Their Armor solution included a good discount for Bitdefender but I don't think it was a direct subscription transfer.

• Thanks for the info, with the issue still at hand I started shopping around and I'm leaning on getting a new router, Netgear nighthawk R8000. I like the Bitdefender Box hardware firewall method and would prefer to continue with a similar setup. It's too bad things went south with the box.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@Dennis Fisher one of the engineers will get back to you asap on the open ticket. Bear with us for just a little bit longer as they will provide further instructions.

Regards,

Alex

• Alex, I appreciate your advice, unfortunately my Bit Box cannot be revived, and the support team will convert my current subscription to Bitdefender Premium Security subscription.

Thank you for your help.

~d

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi Dennis,

I understand. Well, it's good to know options are available and I'm glad to hear you've managed to convert the subscription. I'm sorry to hear the Box could not be revived.. The Premium Security package will give you unlimited traffic for the VPN and also the Password Manager, so it's not a bad deal at all.

You are most welcome and although I couldn't help much, at least I gave it a try. 🙂

Stay safe and have a good day.

Regards,

Alex

• andir01
    Options

I am having the absolute same issue. After 4 and a half years, the Box disconnected from the network, and after a hard reset it won't broadcast the SSID. Tried the suggested solution of keeping the reset button depressed while plugging the power, same thing.

I have tried contacting support on the phone (continuous ring, no answer), on the chat I get the comment that agents are unavailable, left a message, no contact.

HOW can I get in touch with the Bitdefender support team???

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @andir01,

You can get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/3680/

State your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

If you get the message that the agents are unavailable, it's possible that all representatives are engaged in a conversation at that time. Simply wait to keep your place in the queue.

Regards,

Alex

• andir01
    Options

Hi Alex,

Yes, I did manage in the meantime to contact them via chat, took me a few tries. Apparently the Box is unrecoverable, I was also offered a switch to Premium Security license. Which is not very attractive to me, because it is limited to 10 devices (vs Box where I have 20) and the higher cost vs Box license. I have a separate VPN, so again to me it doesn't matter that it comes unlimited in the Premium Security.

So I will keep the Box license at least for now, until they will decide to officially decommission it.

Thank you for the follow-up!

Andrei.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

I understand. Thank you as well for following up. 👍️