Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Install process for VPN is locked at "Bitdefender VPN is configuring" ... more than an hour.

Options
growlett
growlett
edited June 2023 in VPN

My system ..

My VPN system was operating normally but went into a "reconfiguring" loop at some point while I was away from the system. I stopped it, restarted it - then rebooted - multiple times each with no change. Then, I decided to delete & reinstall. I opened control panel, programs, and deleted VPN. Then, to Bitdefender "desktop" ... clicked on VPN and chose "Install VPN". That install has been locked at "Bitdefender is configuring ... " for more than an hour.

Ideas??

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

There are a few general causes for connection errors encountered by Bitdefender VPN:

• You are not connected to the Internet and can’t access the Internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable. Make sure you have Internet access before using Bitdefender VPN.
    • A strictly configured firewall is preventing VPN connectivity (e.g. 3rd party firewall software, router’s built-in firewall). If you are not sure if your router comes with a dedicated firewall or how to turn it off please refer to its manual, contact the manufacturer, or your ISP.
    • Another VPN or Proxy is running when you try to connect. In this case, disable the other VPN/Proxy solution.
    • You’re on a public Wi-Fi such as work, school, airport, etc. which may have blocked the ports required by Bitdefender VPN. You need to contact the network administrator to try and change their firewall settings.
    • The port used for the VPN connection is closed. Depending on the device you’re currently using, the port 443 UDP must be open.

If Bitdefender VPN was previously working when the PC was using another internet connection, contact your network administrator or your Internet Service Provider to determine which network or router settings may be blocking the VPN connection.

Anyway, for a more detailed investigation, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Thhanks for nothin... what a waste of time support here is and of course the money I wasted on buying bitdefender

• I finallly did get it to install. I went to internet Central, downloaded an install program from that main site and installed the fresh download. So far it seems to be working.