Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Uninstalling Bitdefender completely blocked my PC !

Options

Hi,

Hi Everybody,

I uninstalled Bitdefender Internet Security. Now, when I try to connect to my Windows 10 PC, the whole screen is covered by the "space dog" Bitdefender logo and a message "Bitdefender on demand antivirus scanner This assistant will guide you..." (in French). If I click "Continuer", I am offered various options, but of course none can work as the program is not there. If I click, I get two small windows "Quit" and "Restart". When I restart the PC, the same starts again. I tried "Ctrl - Alt - Delete", "Windows key + D", nothing helped. I even cannot format or reinitialize my computer, as the whole screen is covered and I cannot enter anything. I need my computer *very, very* urgently, so many thanks in advance for helping me get back to normal !

Yours,

Tom Goldschmidt, Brussels.

[email address removed by admin]

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @Tom Goldschmidt and welcome to the Community!

Two things here before we start: I have removed your email address from your post for privacy reasons, as this is an open forum after all. Secondly, kindly be advised there was a duplicate thread which I have now deleted.

Moving forward, I think the first step would be to try to completely uninstall Bitdefender again using the dedicated uninstall tool available at the link below, to ensure all traces of the program are successfully removed:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Alexandru_BD on switching on the windows he is unable to reach the desktop and the bitdefender screen appears immediately, hence the bitdefender removal tool is of no use. Also on restarting windows he is unable to get to the windows bootable reinstallation page in order to reinstall the windows from scratch.

It seems he might have enabled bitdefender rescue environment and then uninstalled the bitdefender product which might have ended in error and on restarting now he might be facing issue with bitdefender rescue environment.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

I see.. well, in this case I think it's a task for the Support engineers indeed..

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user