Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Family Cover?

Options

I'm looking at different services, does BitDefender include my family (wife and children)? in its Identity offering?

Best Answer

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Xkerminate

I believe since it needs your SS number, that it is single-use, as it will be monitoring that account only. But, let's wait for @Alexandru_BD to see your thread and give you a more confident and informative reply.

What’s included with Bitdefender Identity Theft Protection

We combined advanced detection technology, real-time alerts, 24/7 U.S.-based support, and identity recovery in a unique solution.

Bitdefender Identity Theft Protection is available for US only. Registration requires a valid Social Security Number.

Bitdefender Identity Theft Protection is available on Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari.

This may also help to answer some questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Answers

• Xkerminate
    Options

Thanks Scott - makes it a little more expensive than it originally seems. It's also really hard to understand and compare once service against another in this space IMHO.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

Yep, that's why I say, let's wait for Alexandru, who works at Bitdefender's home office, as he knows more about it than I do.

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Identity Theft Protection is available for one identity, as it monitors your Social Security number (SSN). Smart SSN Tracker intelligently alerts you to all of the names, aliases, and addresses associated with your SSN.

The same applies for Digital Identity Protection, where you can add up to 10 email addresses and 5 phone numbers to have your identity monitored. Although some of their functions overlap, such as Dark Web and Social Media monitoring, they target different things. Bitdefender Digital Identity Protection monitors your digital footprint to prevent data breaches and improve your online privacy. On the other hand, Bitdefender Identity Theft Protection focuses on credit monitoring to help you avoid becoming a credit fraud and identity theft victim.

If you add information about multiple people then your identity will be inaccurate. You should only add information about your identity. If you need to protect another identity, you can purchase another Bitdefender Digital Identity Protection subscription (the same applies for Identity Theft Protection) and activate it in a separate Bitdefender Central account.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks. I hope BitDefender is monitoring the forum and sees the need for a comprehensive couples and family plan as new competitors have recognized and are offering.

• Xkerminate
    Options

Yes, thank you for the response but the need for multiple accounts / logging in and not having a holistic view of the the family is a deal breaker for me.

• I agree. The need for multiple adult accounts / family is becoming more important. With a purchase of the Total Security plan, there should be the option to add in an identity plan to match. This is forcing me to look at other companies instead of trying to find one built into a security product.

Bitdefender is rated pretty well in the reviews and I don't need another comprehensive product when I already have this. But, not having a family option with a minimum of 5 adults is a deal breaker. There should be the option to add on 5 more because of the way the licenses can be purchased.