Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

What is the best way to secure an iPhone 12?????

Options
BDmcgee78
BDmcgee78 Mr. BDmgee Certified Welder. Mechinist, Fabricator

I am a new iPhone user, and learned the hard way, that if you leave your device on a Wifi Network for a extended period of time so idiot Hacker will compromise your device, and mess with your setting, account, virtually anything they want!

So me being a new iPhone owner want to learn best security practice, and what to do to secure my device from Hackers, and Viruses!

Is there anyone with some good, sound advice they would be willing to share?

Thank you for your time.

BDmcgee78

Comments

• BDmcgee78
    BDmcgee78 Mr. BDmgee Certified Welder. Mechinist, Fabricator
    Options

Just me!

One last thing. I would really appreciate any added advice as to how to secure your Home Network, so you its harder to be hacked, and spied on!

I am a victim of almost two years of being spied on by god knows who. I have already had to replace my Visa/Debit Card three time due to the vulgarity of some people!

Thank you again for your time

BDm

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Here are some tips on how to secure your iOS devices from malware:

1) Only download apps from the App Store. The App Store is a tightly controlled environment, and Apple does a good job of vetting apps before they are allowed to be listed. This means that the chances of downloading a malicious app from the App Store are very slim.

2) Keep your iOS software up to date. Apple releases security updates for iOS on a regular basis. These updates often include patches for known security vulnerabilities. Make sure to install these updates as soon as they are available.

3) Be careful what links you click on. If you receive a link in an email or text message, be sure to hover over the link before you click on it. If the link doesn't go to a website that you recognize, don't click on it.

4) Use a strong passcode. Your passcode is the first line of defense against unauthorized access to your device. Make sure to use a strong passcode that is at least 8 characters long and includes a mix of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.

5) Be careful what information you share online. Don't share your personal information, such as your Social Security number or credit card number, with websites or apps that you don't trust.

6) Use a VPN when you connect to public Wi-Fi. This will help to protect your data from being intercepted by hackers.

7) Be careful what files you open. If you receive an attachment that you don't recognize, don't open it.

8) Back up your data regularly. This way, if your device is infected with malware, you can restore your data from a clean backup.

Here are some tips on how to secure your Home Network:

1) Change the default username and password for your router. The default username and password for most routers are easily found online, so changing them is a good way to make your network more secure.

2) Enable WPA2 encryption. WPA2 is the most secure type of wireless encryption available, so it's important to enable it on your router.

3) Create a strong password for your Wi-Fi network. Your Wi-Fi password should be at least 8 characters long and include a mix of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.

4) Keep your router firmware up to date. Router manufacturers often release security updates for their firmware, so it's important to keep your router up to date to protect against known security vulnerabilities.

5) Use a firewall. A firewall can help to protect your network from unauthorized access. Most routers come with a built-in firewall, but you can also install a third-party firewall if you want.

6) Be careful what devices you connect to your network. Only connect devices that you trust to your network. If you're not sure whether a device is safe, don't connect it.

7) Use strong passwords for all of your devices. This includes your computers, smartphones, tablets, and any other devices that you connect to your network.

8) Be careful what information you share online. Don't share your personal information, such as your Social Security number or credit card number, with websites or apps that you don't trust.

9) Back up your data regularly. This way, if your network is hacked, you can restore your data from a clean backup.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Try to do that steps first of all Keep Your iOS Updated, Enable Face ID Or Touch ID, Strong Passcode, Two Factor Authentication, App Permissions, Avoid Public Wi-Fi.