Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Hard Drive Locked by Bitlocker, with no Password

Options
BDmcgee78
BDmcgee78 Mr. BDmgee Certified Welder. Mechinist, Fabricator

Is there by any chance there is someone with knowledge of how to either unlock a hard drive locked by Bitlocker in Windows 10, or Format it?

I have tried numerous fixes from the internet, but have yet to find a working solution.

My big problem is I do not know how to write command line in the Administrator Diskpart Fat32 file. Not to mention I do not have the UEFI option in my Windows 10 Startup Controls.

So my chances of getting past the Bitlocker problem have diminish greatly, so I am find out from Internet investigation. Making my best chance of saving a expensive Lenovo, is to some how format the hard disk! But I don'r know Command Line. But I direly want to learn, so I have that knowledge to not only help myself, but others as well.

Is there anyone with working knowledge as to how to work around my dilemma, and willing to help the under dog?

Thank you so much for your time, and consideration.

BDm

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Here are the steps on how to unlock a hard drive locked by BitLocker in Windows 10, or format it:

To unlock a BitLocker-encrypted drive:

1) Open File Explorer.

2) Right-click the BitLocker-encrypted drive and select Unlock Drive.

3) Enter your BitLocker password or recovery key.

4) Click Unlock.

To format a BitLocker-encrypted drive:

1) Open Disk Management (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help-in-disk-management-ad88ba19-f0d3-0809-7889-830f63e94405#ID0EBD=Windows_10)

2) Right-click the BitLocker-encrypted drive and select Format.

3) In the Format dialog box, select the File system and Cluster size options.

4) Click OK.

Note: If you do not know your BitLocker password or recovery key, you will not be able to unlock the drive. In this case, you will need to format the drive to access the data on it. However, formatting the drive will erase all of the data on the drive, so it is important to back up the data before formatting.

Here are the steps on how to back up data from a BitLocker-encrypted drive:

1) Connect the drive to another computer that is not running BitLocker.

2) Open File Explorer and locate the BitLocker-encrypted drive.

3) Copy the data from the drive to a safe location.

4) Once the data has been backed up, you can format the drive.

If you still need help, you can post your query in microsoft community forum (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us)

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• ganesh
    Options

how to ope drive c btlocker open

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

The answer is already provided in previous comment.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)