Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How can I run Bitdefender on my Android, but remove the VPN, as I already have a dedicated VPN

Options
StevenD
edited August 2023 in Mobile Security

G'day people,

As asked above, I already have a VPN from another company who has a product that is far superior than the VPN that Bitdefender provides.

I have been a Bitdefender user for quite a long time, and one of the things that I liked from the start is that it isn't bogged down with bloatware, but things seem to be changing, and like the others who are full of bloatware, Bitdefender seems to be going down the same path.

While I acknowledge that some need a simple product that does the lot, but others don't need the extra features, and should be given the option to select which features are installed.

I have had a look, and I can't find any options to uninstall the VPN from Bitdefender. The only option I can find is not to uninstall the upgraded version.

Is there an option to remove the VPN from Bitdefender?

Cheers...

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

There are 2 solutions to it.

1) You can install free version of bitdefender for android which will only run malware scan on your android and external storage if available.

2) If you are using paid version of bitdefender for android, you can simply disconnect the vpn from the application itself.

For more inforation, kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender mobile support team by dropping them an email at bms@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)