Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender icon missing from System Tray after Aug 2023 Update

Options

What happened to the icon in the system tray? It went missing after the latest update that required a restart. Does anyone know why or how to get it back?

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

There are a few reasons why Bitdefender might not be showing in the system tray or starting on startup. Here are a few things you can check:

1) Make sure that Bitdefender is installed and running properly. You can check this by opening the Bitdefender app and looking for the "Status" icon in the bottom right corner of the window. If the icon is green, Bitdefender is running properly. If the icon is red, Bitdefender is not running.

2) Make sure that Bitdefender is set to start on startup. You can check this by going to the "Settings" icon in the Bitdefender app and clicking on "General". Under "Startup", make sure that the "Start Bitdefender with Windows" option is checked.

3) If Bitdefender is installed and running properly, but it is still not showing in the system tray or starting on startup, you can try restarting your computer. This may fix the issue.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:

1) Bitdefender may not show in the system tray if you have enabled the "Hide Bitdefender icon from the system tray" option in the Bitdefender settings.

2) Bitdefender may not start on startup if you have disabled the "Start Bitdefender with Windows" option in the Bitdefender settings.

3) If you have recently installed a new program or made changes to your computer's settings, it is possible that these changes have affected Bitdefender's ability to start on startup or show in the system tray. If you are not sure what might have caused the issue, you can try reversing the changes that you made or reinstalling Bitdefender.

If issue persists, uninstalling and reinstalling bitdefender product is advisable. If issue still persist, you will have to contact bitdefender support.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• dvsls
    dvsls QA Manager BD Staff
    Options

Can you open 'about.exe' from "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security App" to check the current product version and report back here?

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

I believe they still have the desktop shortcut, just not the system tray icon. Otherwise, there are a couple of workaround for that. The build can also easily be found from the top of the Dashboard.

Cheers :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• DarekWa
    Options

Have exactly the same.

When I switch off Windows fast start, I see BD icon in Windows tray.

Moreover, whole system which is totally few days brand new computer after this update start of windows is so loong

• I have the same issue.

I recently installed Bitdefnder for the first time. It's running the latest version.

Though the program is running, the icon only shows if I do

• restart windows or
    • turnoff FastStart Windows.
  • Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @DarekWa & @maw444,

May I kindly ask you to contact the Technical Support teams using the link below, so the engineers can schedule a remote session and gather further information on this behavior for the new build? Choose the email contact channel to create a ticket and provide me with the reference number so I can push this forward.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• PC66
    Options

The same here, after the August last big update (Build 27.0.16.87)

I also report that the option "Start Bitdefender with Windows" (in Bitdefender UI under "Settings"/"General") is not avaiable.

BitdefenderAgent is enabled in Windows startup apps.

Regards

• Had the same problem almost a month ago, and it still hasn't reappeared in my system tray. But I found a somewhat fix. I'll copy and paste what I told someone else.

"I went to taskbar settings and selected "Choose what notifications/icons appear on taskbar" Or whatever, then selected Bitdefender. Then I had to restart my PC and it back. It became a little icon by the date and time.

So still not under the system tray, but at least I can manually update it."

So now it's next to my volume and internet icons on my taskbar. Not in my system tray, but it's better than having nothing.

• iozzo
    Options

I have the same exact issue. Program is running but since a few days I have noticed that the icon in the tray is missing. Total Security Build 23.0.27.130