Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Number of applications scanned

Options

In looking back at my Activity log for yesterday, I noticed an error with the number of applications scanned on demand, or at least I hope it was an error. At 10.41, it scanned 304 apps, then at 10.50, it was 305, and then at 14.11, it was 304 again. All scans were clear. The correct number should've been 304, and no installs or uninstalls took place during this time. I believe I had a usb drive connected to my phone during the 1st scan - I wanted to used Bf to scan it, though I'm not sure how that could've caused this issue.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

It is possible that the error in your Bitdefender Activity log was caused by the USB drive that you connected to your phone. When Bitdefender scans a device, it scans all of the applications that are installed on the device. If you connected a USB drive to your phone, Bitdefender may have scanned the applications on the USB drive as well. This would have increased the number of applications that Bitdefender scanned, which would explain the discrepancy in your Activity log.

To verify that this is the case, you can try disconnecting the USB drive from your phone and then running another scan. If the number of applications scanned is correct after you disconnect the USB drive, then you can be sure that the error was caused by the USB drive.

If you are still concerned about the error, you can contact Bitdefender support for assistance. They will be able to investigate the issue further and provide you with a more definitive answer.

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

Answers

• Thank you for your response. I'm now about 99% it was the usb - I connected it again and scanned - number was one higher than it should have been. I disconnected it again, scanned, and the number was normal. I'm still not sure why this is happening though, so I think I'll contact bitdefender directly too.

Thanks again!