Bd Update Problem

fungus
edited November 2008 in General talk

The BDIS update failure issue has bugged me for a week now.

I use two XP SP3 machines that update fine, and one W-2000 machine that never updated.

Here is what I did:

After many times of manually starting update, I began to notice the name of the file that hung during attempted updates. Often the next update attempt began with the same file as the failed file from the previous update attempt.

This got me thinking that my failed updates were actually getting somewhere, but short of completion. Files were downloading a few at a time. I decided to simply keep starting a manual update over and over until I received a complete and successful update.

How did this work out? After maybe 20 manual update attempts :-( I did successfully complete an update and install of the updated files.

Maybe I was just lucky or maybe I was correct about getting the files a few at a time until it was able to finish properly.

By the way, the final successful update took at least 10 minutes. After all was done I did another manual update a little later and it also worked and finished in maybe one minute. I think I had better make sure every day that updates have completed or I'll find myself in the same mess again, with too many files to download.

I hope this helps someone out there.

Fungus