Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

high CPU load (100%), Windows 10 home, Bitdefender Total Security 27.0.16.86 and 87

Options

Dear all,

I have got a real problem with Bitdefender Total Security, current version (27.0.16.86 and 87) and today's viruses bases.

Since yesterday there are 3 machines with 100% CPU loading. Main CPU user is bdservicehost who uses us to 90% of CPU and 2 Gb of RAM. 3 computers with the same sympthoms. (and 7 ones still work normally for now).

Before yesterday every computers worked normally for at least 1 year with the same Windows 10, Bitdefender Total Security and cofiguration.

After uninstalling Bitdefender computer becomes to be useful.

I deeply checked these machines for viruses with alternative antiviruses program (DR Web CureIt! and Kaspersky Rescue Disk, both with alternative booting and actual virus bases). No viruses found.

I suppose that there is some problem with some version of Bitdefender Total Security. How can I get new version like 28.0... ? May be totalyy new version will not create brick from my machine(s)?

Answers

• Hello,

First, check if the latest build can be installed on your devices. The latest version is 27.0.18.96 and it has been released recently. Click on Update in system tray to check if this version is available to you.

To ensure a balance between system security and performance, you can follow the instructions from this article:

If the solutions suggested in the above article do not improve this behavior, then please get in touch with the Technical Support teams for further assistance, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this, including logs from the affected devices. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi Alex,

I have done what you offered to do - fully removed current version and reinstalled from zero.

Problem disappeared. Now everything OK.

On the one hand it is good, the other I have no idea what did happen and why at several machines at once. I could only suppose it was "unhappy" bind of program build(s) and engine version.

Regards,

Alex

• Thanks for following up @AlexWhoHasAQuastions, glad to hear the situation was resolved 🙂

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user