Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update System Is Flawed

Options

The update routine of this software (Total Security) is a bit annoying. I get we need updates however how they occur is no good at all.

At any time an update can be downloaded and in the process disable Bitdefender and most importantly to me the firewall.

Surely there is a better way.

Maybe not installing an update until the computer is shut down or restarted by the user.

Cheers :)

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

I agree.

@Alexandru_BD can you report this to the developers?

Thanks!

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Hello,

Concerning the update process, in order to apply the new changes and required bug fixes, the Bitdefender components must be loaded into memory inactive, so they can be read and replaced. The process takes only a few seconds and does not require the complete deactivation of protection.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Some modules are turned off for a very short time while the patch is being applied. Bitdefender has many systems that back each other up and provide protection.

By design, the developers would not make an update system that would leave customers vulnerable in any way 😉

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user