Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD IS 10 No Vista Updates

Options

Ever since I got BitDefender Internet Security v10, now build 247, it won't let me do ANY Microsoft updates while it's services and processes are running. Oddly it does seem to allow optional, non-Microsoft, updates to be installed. Does it work for anybody else? Does anybody have some ideas on this for me?

It's a real PITA to keep turning M$ Firewall on, msconfig.exe turn off BDIS, reboot, update the Microsoft patches and reverse everything again. I think you get a sense of my frustration.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello ClickCardo

Did you made also a rule for wuauclt.exe in the firewall? You will find it in on the follow location: X:\Windows\system 32\wuauclt.exe and if present also wuauclt1 That is where it's located under windows xp. That process need permission to the internet to receive windows updates.

Regards

Niels

• Thanks for the reply.

I did not have to do that for my XP dual-boot setup on the same pc. BD's Vista implementation is not working on my pc right.

Just found that exe. I'll give it a try and let you know.

Also just got a BD virus pop-up.

DeepScan:Generic.Hupigon.7D97B786 has been blocked. What do I do now?

Hello ClickCardo

Did you made also a rule for wuauclt.exe in the firewall? You will find it in on the follow location: X:\Windows\system 32\wuauclt.exe and if present also wuauclt1 That is where it's located under windows xp. That process need permission to the internet to receive windows updates.

Regards

Niels

• Niels
    Options

Hello ClickCardo

Can you please post the location where it was found? You can find this information when you open BitDefender,go to general,events and look for references infected file(s) found. Blocked means that BitDefender denies the access to run the infected file.

Regards

Niels

• your computer run BD IS 10 and vista is not updates?

1- type in the Run "msconfig"

2- choise Services

3- stick Hide all Microsoft services and uncheck all service in the box.

4- OK restart computer. Now You can run windows updates, after you can recheck all service in the box.

• But BitDefender Total Security 2008 realy work very good with windows vista,

I very like Bitdefender!