When decided Bitdefender to become adware? Especially, when I definitive set up already that I do not wish to receive ANY offers.
It is not a free product and this is so unprofessional.
Open your Bitdefender program and go to:
1. Settings -> General and disable "Special offers" and "Recommendation notifications" (for the "Password Manager" notification)
2. Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan flash drives and select "Autoscan" or "Disabled", do not select "Ask every time" (for the "USB Immunizer Recommendation" notification)
3. Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan CD & DVD and select "Autoscan" or "Disabled", do not select "Ask every time" (for the "CD/DVD Recommendation" notification)
4. Privacy -> Safepay -> Settings and disable "Safepay notifications"
5. Privacy -> Video & Audio Protection -> Settings and disable "Notify when allowed applications connect to the webcam", "Notify when an application tries to access the microphone" and "Notify when browsers access the microphone"
6. Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and disable "Activate profiles automatically" (for the Profile notification)
After doing that, in the future no pop-up notifications will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen.
REMEMBER: When a threat is detected, a pop-up notification will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen and you can't disable those pop-up notifications.
Next, as an option to fully disable the Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups, open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and enable/activate "Work Profile" or "Game Profile".
When "Work Profile" or "Game Profile" is enabled/activated, all Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled.
Finally, as for the Bitdefender VPN pop-ups, you can simply uninstall Bitdefender VPN from your device by following the steps provided here (just select "Bitdefender VPN"):
open the Bitdefender VPN program, go to Settings -> Notifications and disable "Allow notifications".
It is recommended that you also review the privacy preferences set in your Bitdefender Central account:
1. On any internet-connected device launch a web browser, visit https://central.bitdefender.com�and sign in to your Bitdefender Central account.
2. Click on your username in the top right corner and select "Bitdefender Account" in the menu. This option will launch in a new browser tab.
3. Access the "Data & Privacy" tab, then click on the "Privacy preferences" section.
4. Uncheck both boxes to stop promotional messages:
- Receive in product insights regarding threats, news, and offers.
- Receive insights regarding threats, news, and offers via email.
Did you confirm (Windows desktop) that you have the offers and recommendation options turned off? Or, was it from some other way?
I had mine enabled and received this pop-up this morning.
All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/
This is the marketing communication for the 'Back to School' campaign that is live across regions on the Bitdefender website until September 28th.
Since you are a Bitdefender user, you may receive communications via in-product notices or via email to your registered email address. As recommended by our members above, check if the 'Special offers' option is turned OFF and you should no longer receive such promotional messages. To unsubscribe from marketing emails completely, you may contact the Support teams and request this. But you will be missing out on some good deals.
Here's the link:
"Especially, when I definitive set up already that I do not wish to receive ANY offers."
That means it's already turned off via settings.
Ok @LavX can you access your Bitdefender account and check if the below options are available to you?
Go to Central -> click on your name on the upper right hand corner, then select Bitdefender account -> check for the Data & Privacy tab. If it's there, click on it and untick the two checkboxes.
If you can't find this option, go to this link https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/ and choose a contact channel (chat, phone or email/ticket ) to contact the Support teams and request them to unsubscribe your account from all future offers.
I hope the information is helpful.