Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

In Place ISO Repair Win 10

Options
Gary Duggan
edited October 2023 in Install & Updates

I need to do an In Place ISO Repair to my Win 10 installation to fix a very peculiar issue on my Desktop. I am unable to tell exactly when the issue with File Explorer first occurred but their have been several updates to software recently including Bitdefender. Have tried every recommendation short of in place repair to date with no success. ( ie: DISM, SFC etc.)

To explain actual issue : I appear to have lost "ownership" of my files / folders. I am unable to create a new folder anywhere on my desktop or attached storage drives. This is despite me having full administrative rights. Plus all tabs on the Folder Properties have disappeared ie: security , sharing.

Windows recommends removing third party virus protections prior to completing In Place Repair.

Can someone please advise best way to do this and then reinstall once repair completed, or if they have any other suggestions re this issue.

Thanking you in anticipation .