Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Boot using USB thumbdrive

Options

Due to a problem, I have to reinstall windows 10. I've created a ISO file on my thumb drive and I went into windows and changed the boot sequence to USB, but Bitdenfender is blocking the use of a thumb drive. How can I get my system to boot from a USB?

Answers

• Liobet
    Liobet ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Goldie5513,

Do you have access to the previous system anyway?

Then you could either deactivate Bitdefender or put an exclusion rule to forbid Bitdefender to read the USB drive.

If you cannot have access at all to your system, you'd better write to the tech team:

Besides, do you mean you made the ISO file before the issue from a clean system ?

Cheers,

L.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor3.40 GHz 32,0 Go [ Bitdefender Internet Security + VPN]

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

This is really weird; I've never heard of Bitdefender blocking a flash drive during the boot process. During that particular time, many Windows services are not enabled, and third-party applications, including Bitdefender, are also not enabled at all.

Can you take a screenshot of Bitdefender blocking your flash drive during the boot process using your smartphone or any other device?

@Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD do you have anything to add here.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)