Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firefox: Gah. Your tab just crashed. since yesterday

Options

I suddenly can't use Firefox (v119.0) anymore, even though I didn't install any new software on my system. I noticed however, that Bitdefender updated. Since then I get the above error for every single link, and even the Firefox-Addon page just stays empty (I can access the "about:config" and the "about:crashes" though).

I tried everything on the Firefox side including uninstalling, manually deleting everything Mozilla related and re-installing Firefox. To no avail. I have installed Brave since in order to access this page.

Can anybody help me?

Tagged:

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello.

My specs: OS Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x64 With Latest Windows Updates Installed, Installed On 18.01.2023, OS Build 19045.3636, Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0, BD Total Security 27.0.23.112, BD Password Manager 1.2.4 On Mozilla Firefox 119.0 x64.

So far, no problems with Mozilla Firefox, i can open/access every single link, even the Mozilla Firefox Add-ons Manager page.

Your best option is to contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> select your Bitdefender product, for example Bitdefender Total Security, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Thanks for the Info. I was curious if I was the only one with this problem. I am on Bitdefender Total Security 27.0.23.112, not using the password manager or the inbuilt VPN.

I have also asked the community over at Mozilla if they can help me. If nothing pans out I will try and contact Bitdefender support.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

I think the easiest way to find out if this behavior is indeed caused by the antivirus is to uninstall Bitdefender, then check how Firefox performs and if nothing changes, then most likely the root cause is somewhere else. If the issue persists with Bitdefender freshly reinstalled, then the Support teams can take a closer look and advise further.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user