Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

can I delete Bit defender app

Options

I am new here, so forgive me if you have already answered something like this. I have bit defender premium. 10 slots. My sister has her own account. She has the beginnings of dementia and no longer has any credit cards or a way to pay electronically. I saw that I can add her 2 devices on my account on this

forum. When I tried to get into her account, none of her emails receive the notifications. Can I just delete both the bit defender central and bit defender app and then somehow add her to two of my slots? Her subscription ends on Friday. Please advise me on what to do to get her 2 devices protected under my subscription. Thank you! Mary Lou

Best Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

You can delete the Bitdefender Central app, but you don't need to delete the Bitdefender security app(s).

All you have to do is to add her Bitdefender security app(s) to your Bitdefender subscription and Central account, by following the steps from this article:

Also, don't forget to stop the auto-renewal for your sister's Bitdefender subscription, by following these steps:

Just follow the steps as described in Method 1, because some users in the past reported that the steps from Method 2 didn't stop the auto-renewal.

Also, from my personal experience, Method 1 did/does the job.

Finally, you can stop the auto-renewal for your sister's Bitdefender subscription by contacting Customer Support at:

cancel@bitdefender.com

Regards.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello again.

ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your/her Bitdefender Central account and your/her devices.

Since there is nothing more that can be done here on the forum, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: Purchase & Manage Subscription -> My Bitdefender Central Account, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi @MLNH and welcome to the Community!

Exactly as Gjoksi pointed out, if your sister already has Bitdefender installed on her devices, there is no need to uninstall them. You can simply switch the Central account to which the products are linked and their configuration will change accordingly. After doing this, you can delete her Central account if no longer in use. And yes, make sure to disable the automatic renewal feature (if enabled) for your sister's subscription.

Let us know if the instructions are clear and if you need anything else, we are happy to help.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello again,

Thank you for your quick responses! Unfortunatly, my sister deactivated the email account tied to her bit defender, so I cant get any codes from them. I sent a note to the link from Gjoksi for them to stop her auto renewal.

I followed step 1, but it still says in my central that her device is still unprotected.

Any other advice?

Mary Lou

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @MLNH and thanks for getting back to us.

It doesn't matter if her Central account is deleted or if the previous activation codes are unavailable, as the device(s) will be protected by your subscription in this case.

Ok, let's try to install protection from scratch on that device. Do you have access to it? First, download and run the uninstall tool corresponding to your Bitdefender version from this location to remove all traces of Bitdefender.

Then you can send an install link from your Central account to her device by following these steps:

Simply follow the installation steps to reinstall Bitdefender on the device. This will ensure the antivirus on that device is linked with your Central account.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

• Thank you so much for all your help! You are AMAZING! Your directions were wonderful and IT WORKED!

Everyone here was wonderful! I am so grateful for all your help! You are truly our DEFENDERS!

Thank you all again!

MLNH

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited November 2023
    Options

Best comment I've read today. @MLNH You are most welcome and I'm very happy we could help.

Thank you for coming back to us! 👍️