Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is Bitdefender A Good Antivirus?

Options
piolix
edited November 2008 in General talk

Please take a look at this link:

http://www.virusbtn.com/news/2008/09_02

It seems that Bitdefender detection rate is very poor (concerning adware & spyware), especially compared to [removed] which uses the same engine (I cannot believe that the difference between 99.8% and 88% is only due to the second engine of [removed] , [removed] ).

Can it be possible? Av-test.org is considered the state of the art of antivirus comparatives.

I had [removed] for 3 years, I think it's the best, but too heavy!

Bitdefender is very light, it seems that there's no antivirus installed, and also firewall is the same.

Now [removed] has Bitdefender engine as main engine ([removed] has two scan engines), and this great difference in detecting adware and spyware, if real, is not a good thing.

What do you thing about this?

Comments

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Please take a look at this link:

http://www.virusbtn.com/news/2008/09_02

It seems that Bitdefender detection rate is very poor (concerning adware & spyware), especially compared to [removed] which uses the same engine (I cannot believe that the difference between 99.8% and 88% is only due to the second engine of [removed] , [removed] ).

Can it be possible? Av-test.org is considered the state of the art of antivirus comparatives.

I had [removed] for 3 years, I think it's the best, but too heavy!

Bitdefender is very light, it seems that there's no antivirus installed, and also firewall is the same.

Now [removed] has Bitdefender engine as main engine ([removed] has two scan engines), and this great difference in detecting adware and spyware, if real, is not a good thing.

What do you thing about this?

No man, BD is not a good antivirus ,thats why you chosen to test it ,because it s bad. :wacko:

Spam,spam and spam and .. spam <_<

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    edited November 2008
    Options

BD 2008-> 97.7% malware on demand and 87.8% adware/spyware on demand.

BD 2009-> 97.6% malware on demand and 88.0% adware/spyware on demand.

As long as you use a dedicated antispyware ,that you anyway need with any of the antiviruses, you should be well protected.It also depends on how the vendors interpret the various shareware software.

The ++ for proactive detection is what it really counts with BD.

In my opinion you cant compare products like [removed] with mono engine powered antivirus software.They are not usually intended for casual usage.Imagine yourself playing COD 4 with a dual engine antivirus installed,you d be dead all the time:).

90% of your computer protection is YOU. B)

• I think bitdefender is the best amongst lightweight antiviruses.

I agree with Sm3K3R, 90% protection is you.

I had no virus or spyware problem when using bitdefender.

Some noob user's computer infected with virus despite they're using antivirus with latest updates.