Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Ultimate 2024

Options

I have been using Bitdefender Total Security for three years. Now, I am planning to move to Bitdefender Ultimate 2024. My current plan will expire on November 26, 2023. If I purchase it now, will the subscription start currently or on November 26, 2023?

Best Answer

• Liobet
    Liobet ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Kaisul Khan,

Welcome aboard Bitdefender forum !

As far as I know, an expert will tell you later, you buy another product, it is not a renewal, so I think you'd better stop the auto-renewall of the Bitdefender Total security product you want to quit. then you quietly subscribe to the Ultimate version on Nov 26.

My habit to avoid issues is to deinstall the old software when subscription is over, check the Bitdefender Central, then only install the new software.

It would be different if you planned to renew a subscription of the same software, it would add the period to the pending one.

Cheers,

L.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor3.40 GHz 32,0 Go [ Bitdefender Internet Security + VPN]

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

If i were you, i would wait November 26, 2023 for the old Bitdefender Total Security to expire and on the same date i would buy the new Bitdefender Ultimate Security subscription.

Next, taken from here:

"For online purchases made on Bitdefender websites, Your subscription begins when your purchase is completed and the payment has been received. You must download and install Bitdefender on your devices in order to get protection.

You agree and acknowledge that your subscription’s availability begins from your purchase date, which shall be the date taken into consideration for calculating the length of your subscription, regardless of the date you choose to activate such subscription.

For the purchases made from Bitdefender partners, Your subscription begins at first registration of your subscription. You must download and install Bitdefender on your devices in order to get protection."

For example:

You made a purchase on January 1, 2022 on Bitdefender WorldWide (global) site bitdefender.com, with subscription period of 1 year.

And you used the activation code for activating the subscription on February 1, 2022 (1 month later from the purchase date).

BUT, the subscription period of 1 year already started on January 1, 2022 (the day you made the purchase) and will end on January 1, 2023.

The subscription period of 1 year did NOT start on February 1, 2022 (the day you used the activation code) and will NOT end on February 1, 2023.

This means that validity of the subscription between January 1, 2022 (the day you made the purchase) and February 1, 2022 (the day you used the activation code) is lost.

Also, no need to uninstall the software. All you need to do is to reallocate ALL your devices to the new Bitdefender Ultimate Security subscription, by following these steps:

Finally, don't forget to stop the auto-renewal for the old Bitdefender Total Security subscription, as already suggested by @Liobet.

Just follow the steps as described in Method 1, because some users in the past reported that the steps from Method 2 didn't stop the auto-renewal. From my personal experience, Method 1 does the job.

That's all.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Kaisul Khan,

I also recommend to purchase Ultimate Security shortly before your current Total Security expires and that would be in five days from now. As the members above mentioned, you should deactivate the automatic renewal feature for Total Security, to avoid the recurring billing for this, since you will be making a new purchase.

To add here, please note that you also have a separate Premium VPN subscription set to renew automatically on the same date, so make sure to cancel this one as well, since the unlimited VPN version will be included in your new Ultimate Security subscription.

You can consult the renewal section to get a good deal on your new purchase:

Once the order is settled, you will receive a confirmation email and the activation code. Simply redeem it in your Central account and the configuration of your antivirus will update accordingly. No software reinstallation is required.

Should you have any questions, just ask us. 🙂

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

When did they start renaming Bitdefender products according to the year again 😂

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@Flexx they haven't, I don't know where @Kaisul Khan got that idea, but maybe he is simply refering to the latest version 😁

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Kaisul Khan
    Options

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your time and kind replies. I read your comments and suggestions with care. I will do what is necessary to shift to Bitdefender Ultimate 2024 before November 26, 2023. I hope you understand.

With love

Kaisul Khan