Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Subscription upgrade from 10 to 10+ devices

Options

Hi,

I am using Premium Security on 10 devices, just noticed that some family packs include up to 25 devices. I understand that I can install the products on 25 devices, but what 5 accounts means? Is it a limitation on individual account of VPN and Password Manager, but can I still use VPN on 25 devices?

Regards

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @hevent_orizon and welcome back to the Community!

The Bitdefender portfolio has been recently revised in some areas and now includes all-in-one plans for individual or family use. Kindly note that the new offerings are not yet available in all regions and may not be displayed all the time at this early stage.

In regard to the VPN, the new family plan offers 5 accounts and this means that 5 people can use the included VPN on their devices, but they should not connect more that 10 devices simultaneously (per account).

As a general rule, if the Bitdefender security solution includes a Premium VPN subscription (e.g. Bitdefender Premium Security or Ultimate Security), then the VPN will inherit the device limit in that bundle (10, 15, etc.). It can protect the same number of devices as the Bitdefender security solution, but no more than 10 devices connected at a time.

In the scenario you have described above, you will benefit from antivirus protection for up to 25 devices when choosing the family plan, and 5 members you invite can also use the VPN on up to 10 devices each. They will have their individual Central accounts linked to your subscription. I hope I was able to explain this clear enough.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

To add here, you can view the new Bitdefender portfolio on their global (worldwide) website here:

Regards.

• So it means for 25 devices with 5 VPN and 5 PassM I can install security on 25 devices but only 10 of them can be online at a time? Same for VPN and PassM I can install on 25 machines but only 5 VPN can be active at a time and only 5 PassM individual account are allowed?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Yes, the VPN will be installed alongside the security solution on all devices, but there's a cap of 10 devices that can connect at the same time.

• hevent_orizon
    edited November 2023
    Options

The cap is only for VPN or for the security as well (antivirus, firewall etc) ?

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited November 2023
    Options

This limitation applies for the VPN only. This shared plan offers complete protection for up to 25 devices, all the time for the duration of the subscription, so there are no other restrictions here. For more context on the VPN functionality and features, you can check this article:

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

• Hello,

sorry to bump this old thread but I cannot find the 20+ devices offer anymore. Is it still available? When I try to click upgrade from my Subscription the new page open the main BD website with link containing "...error_bid_notfound".

Thank you!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @hevent_orizon and welcome back.

Currently the only Bitdefender home solution that can protect up to 20 devices is Small Office Security:

I'm not sure if the previous package will be available again.

Regards,

Alex