Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Password Protected

Options

This is my first visit to the forum and I can not find anything on my problem (maybe I am not searching correctly !) but...

From time to time Bitdefender returns a message indicating that he can not analyse a file because it is password protected. These files are always in the MS "backup", are files that I recognize as having modified recently and are files that I have never put a password on.

What is happening ? Am I infected by something ?

Comments

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is my first visit to the forum and I can not find anything on my problem (maybe I am not searching correctly !) but...

From time to time Bitdefender returns a message indicating that he can not analyse a file because it is password protected. These files are always in the MS "backup", are files that I recognize as having modified recently and are files that I have never put a password on.

What is happening ? Am I infected by something ?

Get those files scanned by virustotal service and if its a bug use the sample submission thread and atach those files there for analysis.

• Thank you for the virustotal site - I put it in my "favorites" for future use.

Sorry it took so long to get back but I had to first unzip the backup files and since the connection was really slow yesterday I gave up on tryinh to transmit the files.

Now for the results : Sunbelt found that one of the unziped files was "encrypted archive" ???

Virustotal indicated that the other file was too big (35Mo) to process.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2008
    Options

Please pack the file(s) in an archive, protected with the password infected.

Upload it on www.rapidshare.com or other server and leave here the download link :)

To other users: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE FILE !