Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How do I fix this as the my device shows Web Protection is ON

Options
Law131
Law131 Mr
edited November 2023 in Mobile Security

1 security issue needs your attention

Web Protection got disabled

My device shows You Are Safe and Web protection is ON yet central shows web protection got disabled which is NOT

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

This isolated behaviour is already known.

To add here, it has also been noticed that whenever the phone is restarted, a notification in Central is received and this shows that there are configuration issues for the device involving Web Protection. However, when checking the device in the "My devices" tab in Central, the device appears as ‘safe’, with no issues displayed. Mobile Security doesn’t display any issues either and Web Protection is on.

These isolated errors have been reported in both the Central App and Central web.

The product teams are currently investigating this behaviour and should come up with a resolution soon. But I would still advise you to contact them, as they may provide an ETA for a fix and maybe a workaround as well. You can use the link below to get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• LH
    Options

I've noticed the same issue on 2 of my cellphones.

• 21Rouge
    Options

The product teams are currently investigating this behaviour and should come up with a resolution soon

I have experienced this issue on-going for a few years now and it continues to this day with a Pixel 5 cell phone.

I dont come to these forums often so I am just hoping there is something I can do (a series of steps) to resolve it.

• Law131
    Options

If this is a know issue by the support team why hasn't been a solution as it looks like this issue has been seen by other users for some years now.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Law131,

Do you encounter this behavior on Android or iOS?

As far as I know, this issue was resolved, but if you are still experiencing this on your devices, please head to the link below to get in touch with the Support teams for further investigation, as more details are required from the device (OS, BMS version, etc) to troubleshoot this:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Scroll down to state your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know if they could fix this for you.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user