Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why renew subscription when it has been cancelled

Options

I was stopped 54.99 the other day and this in my opinion was against the law. have been in touch with PAY PAL and awaiting the outcome. I have had nothing but trouble with this scecurity I am 81 years of age and have fuel bill to pay and they stop me that ampount what is wromh with these people.

Best Answer

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @Dottylind and welcome to the Community.

The antivirus order has been renewed because the automatic renewal option was left enabled following your first purchase via the Bitdefender website.

The auto-renewal option is enabled by default when purchasing a Bitdefender subscription from the official website as to not compromise device security and allows you to conveniently retain protection when the subscription expires. At the same time, it is a widespread option in the antivirus industry. The automatic billing option can be disabled anytime after the purchase.

Since you have stated that a dispute has been raised with PayPal, I shall provide more context on the process, to set clear expectations.

Bitdefender offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and if you are not completely satisfied with your Bitdefender renewal or new purchase, the easiest way to receive a refund is to reach out to your vendor or the Bitdefender customer service team. They will process your request asap, and you’ll get your money back in no time.

However, If you choose to initiate a chargeback with your bank, credit card company, or PayPal, the process can be lengthy, taking up to 3-4 months before you receive a final resolution.

Shoppers may request a reversal of funds directly to their bank or PayPal account only if they have paid using a credit or debit card, or PayPal. This process is referred to as a chargeback. If you do proceed with a chargeback, the process of a transaction being reversed entails the following challenges:

1. You start a chargeback dispute, and it will take a maximum of 15 days for the request to reach 2Checkout/Digital River, our payment and billing processors.
    2. Then, 2Checkout/Digital River will provide the required documents to the bank, which can take up to 90 days.
    3. After that, the bank will send their final decision based on the details received from both 2Checkout and you, which may take up to another 30 days.
    4. Our payment processor is notified about the chargeback resolution.

Based on my findings, you have raised a ticket for the Support teams as well.

Please be informed that they are unable to issue a refunds as long as there is a chargeback open, because the funds are locked pending the investigation.

The best way to proceed here would be to close the dispute from your PayPal account, this way the funds will be unlocked and the support representatives will be able to refund the amount after receiving a proof of closure. Once the refund is issued from their end, it will usually take up to 7 business days for the amount to return in your account, depending on the issuing bank.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user