Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Adding 1 year gift license to a still 1 year subscription

Options

How can I add the one year gift for Total Security to the year I already have (about 385 days remaining), thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Forgot to say that my actuaal Total is 5 devices and the gift is 10 devices , I only need 5

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello again.

Well, you forgot to say the most important part. 🙂

Anyway, the gift Bitdefender subscription starts as soon as the purchase is made. The countdown begins immediately after the code is bought from Bitdefender's online store at www.bitdefender.com, even if it hasn't been redeemed it in your Bitdefender Central account yet. So, the subscription starts on the day the order is placed, not on the day you activate the code in Bitdefender Central. This however doesn't apply for licenses purchased from a reseller or Bitdefender Partner and you can activate them anytime without the code loosing any validity.

Another important thing to note during the activation process is that the option to extend the validity of the current subscription/license is only available if one of your current subscriptions is identical to the new one you are trying to add. This means that it must have the same name and number of slots. In your case, you have two different subscriptions: one for 10 devices and one for 5 devices, so this doesn't apply in your case.

Another question: Where is the gift subscription purchased from, Bitdefender's online store, a reseller or a Bitdefender partner?

Regards.

• The gift is from Best Buy

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Durochey,

If the license comes from Best Buy, its validity countdown will not start if not used, however it won't be possible to extend the current license using this activation code, because the number of devices is not identical. Perhaps you can still activate in parallel and then reach out to the Bitdefender Support teams to request a merge of validity and keep the protection for 5 devices instead of 10?

You can get in touch with the Support teams using the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards and Happy New Year!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

You're welcome 🙂

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user