Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

VPN jumping all over world even though set at Canada

Options
skippylinda
edited January 9 in VPN

Therefore my email account [email address removed by admin] is being LOCKED consistently as Rodger’s/Shaw think hackers are trying to get access. Have had to turn off VPN

HOW DO I fix this?

Answers

• How do I limit Bitdefender VPN to stay strictly in Canada

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited January 9
    Options

Hello @skippylinda and welcome to the Community.

In some countries, there are also virtual locations and this means that servers are hosted in other parts and plug in Canadian IPs so that you can actually connect in Canada, but these are very few and designed only as a backup in some countries, depending on the available infrastructure. The location is chosen randomly, but also based on server load in your area or surrounding areas. If VPN servers are under heavy use in Canada, for example, the location will move further and further away until it finds a server that is less strained. This will help streamline the connections and will ensure proper network speeds are met.

Also, make sure 'Double Hop' is not enabled:

Concerning the email issue, If the app starts working normally after you turn off Bitdefender VPN, follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user