Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

MAC Sonoma 14.2.1 - Full Scan Fails repeatedly

Options

After being away for about a month, attempted Full System Scan on MacBook Pro. Gets about 12 mins into scan and fails. Error occurred while scanning - please restart scan.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled already. No help. No change.

Ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• Lew_B65
    Options

Exactly the same thing happening here, even with Sonoma 14.3...

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

As stated above, generate logs and contact bitdefender support.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I have submitted logs. Informed this is a known issue and will be addressed in a future upgrade. Release TBD.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@GTVista thanks for following up here. 👍️

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Lew_B65
    Options

@GTVista , ditto on that, thanks for letting us know!

• Lew_B65
    Lew_B65
    edited February 3
    Options

Interesting, doesn't happen at all on my MacBook Air (M1), but does on my Mac Studio (also M1), Recently, when I try to run a full scan it does the same thing, stops after a while; but now (in the last day or so) it keeps trying to run the full scan after I've hit (Cancel) on the dialog, over and over again, I can't seem to control it...

• Yes, you are correct, once you start the virus scan it gets stuck in a loop and will just continue over and over until you stop the program. For now, just would not run it and wait on the fix forthcoming in a future update. They said I would get a notice, and if I do, I will surely post here.

• Lew_B65
    Options

Thanks @GTVista , appreciate it! Strange how it’s only one of my two Mac’s that manifests this…