Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Options

Hi

I make mods for the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. I also write for an erotic fiction site. Both require me to use sites that contain Adult material.

Because of my location, a caravan in a field on a farm, I have to tether internet through my phone. EE has proved to be the superior network for this.

I am PAYG and can access the sites on my phone as I have confirmed my ID in store but I can not access the sites on the computer I am using via tethering.

I have removed safe search on my browsers and have questioned this on their community pages to no avail. I find the sites in the search results. Clicking on the link sends me to a page stating;

This site can't provide a secure connection.

<link removed> uses an unsupported protocol

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

[Details]

Unsupported protocol

The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher Suite.

This has only started since I switched to EE. I have a dual SIM phone and my other network can connect the same computer through the same browser etcetera. Unfortunately that network and others vary in speeds between ridiculously slow and no connection what-so-ever.

I have tried connecting via Opera, Brave and Firefox. I can't see it being Bitdefender but as I can not get answers anywhere else I thought it was worth asking the community. Maybe EE and Bitdefender have some sort of conflict that somebody else may have solved.

Thank you.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited January 15
    Options

Hello @Smiph,

Try to temporarily disable the Encrypted web scan feature from the Online Threat Prevention menu, and also check if exclusions can be added to this Bitdefender module. If this doesn't make any difference, the issue you have encountered may not be caused by the antivirus..

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Smiph
    Options

Thank you Alex. I shall give it a try and post the results.

I'm pretty sure it's my network provider to be honest. When I'm tethering through my other SIM all is well but at home I can't get signal via that network.

Thanks again