Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

EPSPN+

Options
TWH
TWH Mr.

When VPN is connected I get a German version of ES. This does not happen when the VPN is off. Why?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @TWH,

To which VPN server are you connecting?

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• TWH
    Options

I don't know

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Ok, well this is important to know, because the location could be the reason behind the German version displayed.

Since you are using the Premium VPN, you have unlimited traffic and the option to connect to any available server. Bitdefender VPN can also be used to select a specific city and you can consult the full list of available cities in the article that follows. Are you looking to access content that is normally restricted in your area, due to geo-restrictions? Are you trying to connect to ESPN+ in the US? Using the Bitdefender VPN app, you can manually select the server. The server list includes 53 countries across the globe.

Below you will find some useful guidelines for Bitdefender VPN on Windows:

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Alex

• Gringocho76
    Gringocho76 ESPN+ blocked my VPN. It was working fine for the last 2 years.
    Options

VPN was working fine while using ESPN+ for the last two years. Suddenly ESPN+ blocked and now I don’t have access to the website. I tried with all the US options. It didn’t work. How can I fix that? Thank you in advance for your help.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited April 1
    Options

This needs to be checked by Bitdefender support, who can then get in touch with the relevant team to provide an update.

Kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Based on your selected product and the type of issue you're facing, you can get in touch with a support representative through email, chat, or a phone call.

If you choose email, you will receive a ticket number on your registered email. The support team will reply within the next 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't think there's much we can do here, especially since ESPN+ is not in the list of supported services..

The apps and streaming services that are not listed in the list of services (netflix, hulu, disney+, iplayer, hbo and prime videos) are not "officially" supported with a VPN connection, so if they work, they go by chance and not because our explicit actions to unblock them. As you may know, some platforms have implemented a system to detect VPNs and do not load or display errors if the Internet connection is filtered through a VPN. ESPN+ could now be part of the same category, so I can't guarantee it can be accessed with a VPN connection, but you can apply some of the standard troubleshooting steps like:

1. try other servers
    2. disable adblocker and antitracker
    3. a flushdns
    4. try another browser
    5. try another device, such as mobile
    6. try another vpn

If these don't make a difference, then it's highly possible that ESPN+ is blocking the VPN connection and we can't really prevent that.. One option may be to change the protocol. Try to set IPsec or Wireguard in the settings of the VPN application.

The Bitdefender VPN will undergo another major overhaul focused on enhanced streaming capabilities.

Regards,

Alex