Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

most recent windows security update( windows 10)

Options

I can't install the most recent windows security update. The vulnerability scan says its a critical update. Do I need this if I am using bitdefender for my security?

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited January 17
    Options

Hi @pattie

If you're talking about the update issue below, a lot of people including myself on one of my PCs, weren't able to install that patch Tuesday update due to the need to resize the recovery environment.

For now, unless you want to go through those steps, you can wait for Microsoft to release a fix for it, which is what I'm going to do, but that's up to you. But it's just Bitdefender doing its job not knowing what the issues are behind the scenes with Microsoft and letting us know what updates are out there. Just check for the Windows update through the Windows settings and we'll see how soon Microsoft will get that taken care of :)

From the link above:

Microsoft of course has been aware of this problem almost from the start which is why it has been recommending the manual resize workaround as soon as it published the WinRE updates. Yesterday, on its Windows health dashboard, the company has added the issue and notes that a fix is coming via a future update.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Be safe, not paranoid.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Can you let us know if any KBxxxxxx is shown or share the screenshot.

I have promoted you to level 2 so that you can share the screenshot with us.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)