Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

VPN will not connect.

Options
endy
endy Mr.
edited January 22 in VPN

After installing my subscription of Bitdefender Premium VPN with my own account in Bitdefender Central on a windows 10 desktop over a previously shared subscription of Bitdefender Total Security with VPN , the upgraded VPN interface is unable to connect to the internet. I am getting a message in the IP address box NO NETWORK CONNECTED and to RETRY.

Incidentally the same subscription VPN worked after installation on a laptop using the same method of installation, only difference was the VPN interface on the laptop did not have the upgraded interface.

Will appreciate any help since Bitdefender Support was unable to provide a solution up to the time of this posting.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @endy,

Based on the reply provided by Support, please follow the steps below:

Open a Command prompt window with Admin rights.

In the command prompt window, run the following commands:

• ipconfig /flushdns
    • netsh winsock reset all
    • netsh int ip reset all

Restart the PC and try again.

If it's still failing, we need to make sure Bitdefender accurately communicates with the Internet. That's why I suggest setting a custom DNS server address in Windows.

• - Go to Control Panel
    • - Click on Network and Internet
    • - Click on Change Adapter Settings
    • - Double-click your active adapter (network) and choose Properties
    • - Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), then click Properties
    • - Select Use The Following DNS Server Addresses and enter the following addresses
    • - Preferred DNS server: 1.1.1.1
    • - Alternate DNS serve: 1.0.0.1
    • - Click OK to confirm, then restart the PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• endy
    Options

Thanks for the advice Alex but just to let you know the result.

The command prompt instructions were successfully executed but unfortunately did not work upon restarting the PC neither did the changes made in to the DNS Server addresses in the ( TCP/Ipv4 ) box.

I am still in contact with Bitdefender Support, the last of the advices so far was to manually update to the most recent build of Bitdefender which should be version number 27.0.27.126

But after updating and restarting the PC, nothing happened and my version still remained unchanged, that is Version 27.0.25.116

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @endy,

Thanks for getting back. Yes, I'm following your Support ticket as well and noticed that you were given instructions to reinstall. So, you've followed the steps provided by the Support representative and you are still at version 27.0.25.116? Try to look for the latest version manually, right-click on the Bitdefender icon in the systray and click "update now", to check if 27.0.27.126 is now available for you.

This is a very recent update and I think it's still rolling out and didn't reach the complete userbase yet. Otherwise, stick to the Support case, they may provide additional instructions or even schedule a remote session, if necessary.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user