Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Feature Request: Add user configurable option to enable audible alerts

Options

Hi -

I have been using BitDefender for a while now, and I think it is excellent.

However, there is one huge functional deficiency that I keep running into: I have missed almost every single BitDefender Critical warning notification during a detection because there is no audible alert option.

I have only found out that there have been issues when I decide to open up the BitDefender app every few weeks and find to my surprise that there have multiple detections in the past by BitDefender.

I use Ultra-Wide Screens for my PC display environment, so a quiet, pop-up in the lower right corner has been almost always missed because I am looking at another portion of my displays when the alert occurs. A user-configurable audible alert would easily fix this issue by letting me know every time BitDefender detects bad activity.

Every single AntiVirus I have used in the last couple of decades has had an audible alert when a detection has occurred. BitDefender is the only AntiVirus I have used that is lacking this feature.

Could BitDefender please add a user-configurable setting that could enable audible alerts on detection? That way, the user can have the option of having silent alerts (the current user interface) or audible alerts (an enhancement to the current design).

Thanks!

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

+1 on the idea... 🙂

@Alexandru_BD @camarie Any thoughts on the idea? Thanks.

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod
    Options

+ 1 for this idea 🙂

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

I will ask. I'm not sure how the idea would be received, since the idea for such a product is to manifest itself as little as possible. But I understand your point. Let's see how the team sees it.

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod
    Options

@camarie Obviously it must always be the user's choice whether to activate it or not, but it is better to give this choice to the user.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

True. We try to keep a balance between settings useful (but too many) and simplicity. As I said, I will propose this.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Another +1. A user-configurable option to enable/disable audio alert sounds for detections would be a very nice enhancement. It could default to "Off" so that users would have to activate it, in keeping with the philosophy of the BD team to have the program "manifest itself as little as possible." I, for one, would be turning such an option ON.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• AzJazz
    Options

Thank you for proposing the feature, @camarie!

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

+1 on this.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)