Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender VPN defaults to Turkey

Options

On windows startup on my laptop, VPN defaults to Turkey until I disconnect and reconnects before it changes to UK. Does anyone know how to change this?

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

The default/automatic connection will always find the best VPN server according to your internet connection speed and connectivity. You will have to manually choose the server if you want to connect to the one you prefer.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

If VPN servers are under heavy use in the country where you wish to connect, the location will move further and further away until it finds a server that is less strained. This will help streamline the connections and will ensure proper network speeds are met.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• AkMatey
    AkMatey
    edited January 25
    Options

This is not my situation and I think I have not explained the issue properly. When I start my computer, the vpn defaults to Türkiye every time and I live in the UK and not Türkiye. This started a while ago after I came back from a trip to Türkiye. I have checked the region on my computer and it is UK and not Türkiye but I am not sure why the VPN keeps defaulting to Türkiye every time I start my computer and VPN starts because surely Türkiye can't always be the nearest less strained server all the time.

Hope this makes more sense now.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

1) You live in UK and went to Turkey for a trip (let suppose)

2) Now when you returned back to UK, the bitdefender VPN still automatically connects to Turkey server only.

If this is correct, the solution provided by me @Alexandru_BD are still valid.

But let's start from scratch, uninstall and reinstall Bitdefender VPN and check if issue persists.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• AkMatey
    Options

It connects to Türkiye in Automatic location mode and not that I set the location to Türkiye. So I am not sure how @Alexandru_BD's suggestions can be valid. I will reinstall and check as advised, thanks.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Yes, let's resume the discussion after the reinstall and see how the VPN behaves afterwards. Now that you've mentioned you've been to Turkey and the VPN keeps connecting to that server, surely there's a way to make it forget that one. 🙂

Regards

• AkMatey
    AkMatey
    edited January 25
    Options

The reinstall did the trick and it is no longer defaulting to Türkiye. Also, I believe I was running an older version because the interface looks different now after the reinstall.

Thanks everyone for your assistance and especially @Alexandru_BD 🤗😊

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Excellent, I'm glad to hear this. You are most welcome! 😉👍️

Yes, I think you now have the upgraded version with the major UI changes highlighted here:

Regards